The town's name seems to derive from the unification of the word "campo" (field) and the name of the river "Arsego", which at its turn derives from the Latin "arsus" (dry). Municipality in the province of Padua, located between Muson Vecchio and Brenta, Campodarsego is at short distance from Padua and is a interesting departure point for hiking and mountain biking trails in the local environment. The local economy, mainly based on agriculture, features also several important industrial activities: engineering companies and leather goods producers.
The area was inhabited since ancient times and was later colonized by the Romans who subdivided into the farmlands into "centurie"(each assigned as a reward to the older centurions). The town is mentioned for the first time in an act dating back to 1190 and during the Middle Ages, it submitted the domain of Speronella Dalesmanni and his son Jacopo, both quoted by Dante in his Divine Comedy, while later it was assigned in fief to the Camposampiero. In the early years of the XV century the territories were annexed to the Republic of Venice and under this domain, the whole area experienced a period of great peace and prosperity, also thanks to the reclamation of several marshlands that allowed to increase the agricultural production. With the arrival of Napoleon in 1797, Venice lost control of Campodarsego, which was later submitted to Austria, until, in 1866, it became part of the Kingdom of Italy.
- the Church of Saints Peter and Paul in Bronzola, of ancient origins, was rebuilt several times, most recently in the XVIII century. It features a single nave plan with a rectangular shape and a simple stone façade topped by a decorative pediment. In the back it features a tall Bell Tower topped by a spire;
- the early XX century Parish Church of St. Martino and St. Mary of the Assumption, built in Romanesque style;
- the Church of Santa Maria di Panigale, founded between the VI and VII centuries, was documented for the first time only in 1200;
- the Church of St. Andrea in Rescigliano;
- the Church of St. Nicolò in Fiumicello;
- the XVIII century Villa Romiata;
- the XVII century Villa Guillet-Loni;
- Villa Mattiazzo;
- Villa Cavallini;
- Villa Da Porto;
- Villa Menini.