Municipality in the province of Padua, washed by rivers Muson Vecchio and Muson dei Sassi, Camposampiero is the ideal departure point for trekking and biking excursions along trails, which run through the countryside in direct contact with the surrounding nature.
It is difficult to attest that the area was inhabited in pre-Roman times, while it is certain that Camposampiero was an important Roman colony on the Via Aurelia, evidenced by the discovery in the nearby of several artifacts of the time. After the Fall of the Roman Empire the lands were easy prey of the Barbarian invasions, such as Visigoths and Swabians, that raided and devastated the entire region. Vast territories were conquered by Heruli, Goths, Byzantines and Lombards. When Charlemagne succeeded all this, the town was proclaimed fief. Then followed the reign of Berengar and the invasion of the Hungarians. The first text to mention the existence of a centre dates back to 1117, while in the early Middle Ages it was a granted to the lords of Camposampiero, under whose domain it reached its maximum splendor. After year 1000 the main centre was fortified with the construction of a castle and strengthened by the presence of a moat. Even though directly involved in the clashes between Guelphs and Ghibellines, the inhabitants experienced a period of prosperity, till 1405, when it became part of the territories of the Serenissima Republic of Venice. In the XVI century it was invaded by the troops of Maximilian of Austria.
- the XII century Church of San Marco, rebuilt in the mid-XV century, enlarged and decorated on the inside for the first time in the second half of the XVII century. It is enriched by two pairs of columns, with capitals and resting on bases, and features a superb tympanum. The Bell Tower is located at the rear and the belfry is interrupted by mullioned windows and surmounted by a spire. Inside the church it is possible to admire the artworks of Girolamo Del Santo;
- the Shrine of the Noce, which contains important frescoes of the Tessari, depicting the miracles of St. Anthony, who sheltered here in 1231, and a painting of the saint, depicted by the artist Pitati;
- the Church of St. Peter, of ancient origins, has been restored several times over the centuries. The current building was built recently;
- the Church of Santa Maria Assunta, in the district of Rustega, was already mentioned in the text of the XII century;
- the early XX century Church of St. John the Baptist;
- the Church of the Madonna della Salute;
- Villa Campello, today seat of the Municipal Library, is a XIX century building annexed to a large barn and garden area;
- the Clock Tower and the Tower of the Fortress, are what remains of the feudal defensive complex;
- Villa Querini;
- Villa Gaia.