Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

  • Hotel Pietra di Luna Maiori

    Hotel Pietra di Luna Maiori

    Quality 4 Stars Hotel Accommodation Meeting Center Swimming Pool Maiori Neapolitan Riviera Amalficoast Naples Sorrento Amalfi...

  • Restaurant Masaniello Maiori Amalfi Coast

    Restaurant Masaniello Maiori Amalfi Coast

    Italian Mediterranean Gastronomy cooking fresh fish Seafood specialties Maiori Amalfi Coast Neapolitan Riviera Sorrento Salerno...

  • La Buca delle Fate

    La Buca delle Fate

    Quality Appartments Accommodation Vacation Holiday Guest House Residence Maiori Amalficoast Neapolitan Riviera Salerno Campania...

  • Relais Bella Baia B & B Maiori

    Relais Bella Baia B & B Maiori

    Holiday Famhouse Rooms Bed and Breakfast Apartments Accommodation Neapolitan Riviera Cannaverde Maiori Amalficoast Salerno Campania...

  • Pineta 1903

    Pineta 1903

    Restaurant Lounge Bar Wine Bar Lemon Garden Beer Pub Brasserie Maiori Amalfi Coast Salerno Campania Italy

you are here: Home Basilicata Pollino National Park Noepoli

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Noepoli

Description

A town of Val Sarmento, in the province of Potenza, situated between the lush vegetation at the centre of the Pollino National Park. The area was inhabited since the Iron Ages, evidenced by the remains of a Lucano settlement of the VIII -VII century B.C. , which today are on exhibition at the National Archaeological Museum of Siris in Policoro. In the Middle Ages the village had the name of Noia, as it appears in a document dated 1133, a period in which the fief belonged to the County of Chiaromonte, under the dominion of the Sanseverino family. In 1404 it became an independent fief with the name State of Noia and proclaimed a special and favorable legal status that lasted until 1553, when the village was sold to the Pignatelli family. Under the rule of these Lords, the people were imposed high taxes but, as dictated by local tradition, they also submitted the feudal law " jus de seigneur" (the right to spend the first wedding night with the wives of their serves).
Not to miss:
- the Parish Church dedicated to the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin, rebuilt in the XV century, in which are preserved some remarkable wooden statues and frescoes;
- the Chapel of Our Lady of Constantinople, in Byzantine style;
- the Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary;
- the Parsonage, with frescoes of the XIV century;
- the Palace of Pleasure, where the Pignatelli used to apply the feudal law "jus de seigneur";
- the remains of fortifications from the XIV or XV centuries at the entrance of the town;
- the remains of the feudal castle;
- the remains of the Monastery of Santa Maria della Saectara (X-XI century), famous for being, in the Middle Ages, a shelter for Albanian refugees .

Map

This town web page has been visited 36,964 times.

Choose language

italiano

english