Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Trentino Alto Adige Bolzano and its surroundings Montagna

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Montagna

Description

Situated in a panoramic position in the Adige Valley, Montagna (Montan in German) is a charming municipality in the province of Bolzano, surrounded by vineyards and orchards, located on what is known as the so-called "Wine Route".
The town's name derives from the Latin word "muntanea" (between the mountains) and its existence is certified since 1215.
The center is surrounded by the unspoilt nature of the "Garden of South Tyrol" and retains the typical architectural style of Oltradige, born from the Renaissance influences introduced by the architects of the Venice and Tuscany regions.
It is an ideal departure point for long walks in the uncontaminated environment between the mountains, admiring the beautiful landscape of the Natural Park of Monte Corno and in addition, it is near to the ski resort of Dolomiti Superski.
Sites of interest:
- the XIV century Castle of Enna, renovated in 1880 and currently privately owned;
- the Church of St. Bartholomew, in neo-Romanesque style;
- the Church of Santo Stefano, in which one can admire the late-Gothic altar, realized by Hans Klocker;
- the Monastery of the Capuchins, in the district of Casignano;
- the biotype Hill of Castelfeder, seat of settlements and fortifications that date back to Prehistoric times with the remains of a Rhaetian village and the ruins of the Church of Santa Barbara, which was open to the faithful till the XIX century;
- the Electric Railway in Val di Fiemme, which was in use between 1818 and 1863.

Map

This town web page has been visited 18,883 times.

Choose language

italiano

english