Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Piedmont Monferrato and surroundings Castel Boglione

More About

Here you can find info and tips about the area you are visiting.

Most viewed in Castel Boglione

  • Noceto Michelotti Wines Piedmont

    We are a modern winery, located in the beautiful rolling hills of central Piemonte, hand producing fine full bodied red wines and a beautifully balanced Chardonnay wine, all typical of this region. We are completely passionate about our wines and how...

  • Araldica Wines Piedmont

    The Araldica group of companies is a major force in wine growing, production and distribution based in the Piemonte region of northwest Italy. Thanks to the combination of a modern attitude towards production and marketing with a commitment to producing...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Castel Boglione

Description

The town's name derives from the name of the nearby river Boglione. It is a small town in the province of Asti, located not far from Acqui Terme. Its economy is devoted mainly to agriculture, viticulture and the subsequent production of fine wines. Looking at the village, surrounded by green hills, crossed by neat rows of vines, the first important feature to be noticed is the unmistakable outline of the local parish church.
The first inhabitants of the area were the Ligurian and Celtic populations, but the first documented traces are related only to the first half of the XIII century. In the first half of the XVII century, Castel Boglione was ceded in fief to Annibale Chieppo, who was replaced by Alessandro Sensi. At the death of the latter, succeeded Ludovico Orsi. The fief was then sold to Count Alessandro Senesio by the Duke of Monferrato, who resold it to the Bulgarini. Under the rule of this family, in 1653, Castel Boglione, till then district of Nizza Monferrato, became an independent town. In 1680, the rights were sold to Captano Roberti, who acquired the title of Count of Castelvero and with whom the local inhabitants had a long-standing quarrel regarding hunting rights. Under the domination of the Savoy, the town was annexed to the province of Acqui, then to the department of Montenotte, and finally, in 1935, to the provinces of Alessandria and Asti.

Not to miss:
- the Parish Church of the Sacred Heart and Our Lady of the Assumption, built in the early XX century, where once stood an old church. It is a merge of styles: Gothic, Baroque, Neoclassical and neo-Romanesque. The structure features a Latin cross plan with one major nave, two side aisles and an octagonal dome at the center. Inside it features decorations in Art Nouveau style;
- the ruins of the Oratory of the Confraternity of the Battuti order;
- the Shrine of Our Lady of the Courtyard, built in 1726;
- the Church of San Sebastian, built between the XVIII and XIX centuries;
- the ancient Castelvero.

Map

This town web page has been visited 31,798 times.

Choose language

italiano

english