The estate owned by the Azienda Agricola Barone Cornacchia farm is what is left of the vast fiefdoms conceded originally by the King of Naples to the Cornacchia family, together with the baronial title, towards the beginning of the Sixteenth Century. Over the Centuries, discords and vicissitudes modified and restricted the overall dimensions of these fiefdoms, and in the second half of the Nineteenth Century, the territorial property, consisting mainly of sunny hills, remained more or less the same as it is today.
This business has alway been family run and become the main job for its proprietor. Piero Cornacchia, a doctor in Law, took over his father's business in 1971 and has, over the past 34 years, started to modernise the company by increasing the number of grapevines and adopting the new technologies used in winemaking, in order to maintain the constant high quality of his products.
The company first started selling their wine in barrels which were for big wine cellars in piemonte, during the 1920's then, later during the 1930's, it was bottled and mainly sold locally and around Milan. In the 1970's the company started to export their goods to Switzerland and to the most important european countries, furthermore, their Montepulciano d'Abruzzo was exported to North America. In 1991, the company increased its importance on the foreing market, mainly in Japan.
Today, the Barone Cornacchia's philosophy is that of maintaining the tradition, the typicality and genuiness of its products. Their recent investments in the new technologies and vineyards confirm the company's aim to obtain a high quality product.