Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

  • Amalfi Charter Amalficoast

    Amalfi Charter Amalficoast

    Charter Boat, Yachting, Motor Boat Amalfi Coast, Neapolitan Riviera, Excursions, Ponza, Capri, Island, Ischia, Sorrento, Positano,...

  • Farfalle e Gabbiani Tramonti

    Farfalle e Gabbiani Tramonti

    Quality Relais Bed and Breakfast Rooms Accommodation Tramonti Amalficoast Neapolitan Riviera Salerno Campania Italy

  • Ristorante Taverna di Moranda

    Ristorante Taverna di Moranda

    typical Tuscan restaurant, Tuscan gastronomy, Tuscan wines, Italian Gastronomy, Pienza, Tuscany

  • Vigne Irpine

    Vigne Irpine

    Aglianico, Greco di Tufo, Taurasi, Falanghina, Coda di Volpe, Fiano di Avellino, Taurosae Pink Wine Aglianico Santa Paolina Avellino...

  • Astarita Car Service Sorrento

    Astarita Car Service Sorrento

    Limo Car Service Sorrento and Amalfi Coast, arrange exclusive private shore excursions, Amalfi day tour, Pompeii and Vesuvio,...

you are here: Home Abruzzo Chieti, Pescara and Teramo Penna Sant'Andrea

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Penna Sant'Andrea

Description

A small village in the province of Teramo, located in the area once inhabited by the Sabines and under the influence of the Roman colony of Hatria, Penna Sant'Andrea owes its name, attested since 1273, to its nearby locality of Pinna, where a church dedicated to the patron Saint was edified. In 991 it became part of the jurisdiction of Monte Cassino, and later in the Norman period, it was submitted to Oderisio of Collepetroso. Over the centuries it was ruled by local noble families, that kept it, in juridical terms, tied to the nearby Atri.

Not to miss:
- the Parish Church of Santa Maria del Soccorso, dating back to the XVI century and restored in the XVIII century, it features important and valuable furnishings from the desecrated Church of St. Giusta and a XVII century altarpiece;
- the Church of Santa Maria di Podio, of medieval origins;
- the Church of the Holy Trinity (XIV century);
- Fontevecchia (1400);
- the Nature Reserve of Castel Cerreto.

Map

This town web page has been visited 23,035 times.

Choose language

italiano

english