Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

  • Rental House Angelina

    Rental House Angelina

    Holiday Guesthouse Rooms, Apartments Accommodation Neapolitan Riviera Corso Reginna, Maiori Amalficoast Salerno Campania Italy

  • Sal De Riso Amalfi Coast

    Sal De Riso Amalfi Coast

    Ancient Taste on the Amalfi Coast Salvatore De Riso Pastry Shop Bar Lounge Minori Amalficoast Neapolitan Riviera Salerno Campania...

  • Le Cannicelle Villa Mediterranea

    Le Cannicelle Villa Mediterranea

    Luxury holiday rental with sea view swimming pool and private parking, Exclusive Accommodation, Private Villa near the beach,...

  • Casa Felsina Holiday house

    Casa Felsina Holiday house

    Quality Accommodation, small appartments, holyday rent apartment Bologna Emilia Romagna Italy

  • Locanda della Fortuna Faenza

    Locanda della Fortuna Faenza

    Holiday Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Faenza Ravenna Emilia Romagna Italia

you are here: Home Abruzzo Chieti, Pescara and Teramo Montorio al Vomano

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Montorio al Vomano

Description

The name Montorio al Vomano derives from the Latin "Mons aureo". Town in the province of Teramo, located near the National Park of Gran Sasso and the Monti della Laga, is a village rich in fascinating sights, palaces and monuments of great artistic value and beautiful landscapes.
It was mentioned for the first time in a document of 1173, whilst in the XV century Alfonso of Aragon ceded the fief to Pietro Camponeschi. Later it submitted the rule of the Carafa, the Caracciolo, the Crescenzi and the Marquis of Santo Spirito of Naples.
Not to miss:
- the XVI century Collegiate Church of San Rocco, in which are preserved 4 monumental painted and gilded wood altars and precious paintings of the XVI and XVII centuries;
- the Church of St. Anthony, which inside features a fine XVI century holy water basin;
- the Church degli Zoccolanti, named after the antique wooden clog wearing use of the monks of this order. The building was enlarged in XVIII century by Charles of Bourbon;
- the Capuchin Monastery with the adjoining cloister;
- the small Church of the Madonna del Ponte;
- the Palazzo Marchesale Camponeschi-Carafa;
- the ruins of Forte San Carlo, built in 1686 and never completed;
- the remains of a temple dedicated to Hercules.

Map

This town web page has been visited 24,124 times.

Choose language

italiano

english