Casalbordino is a town in the province of Chieti, set not too far from the Adriatic coast, on a hill between the rivers Sinello and Osento. The hamlet of Lido di Casalbordino, famous seaside resort with a beautiful sandy beach, is located along the Trabocchi coast, a short distance from the rocky coast of the Natural Reserve of Punta d'Erci. The first human settlements in this area date back to the XI century B.C. during the colonization of the Frentani population. After the fall of the Roman Empire, the area was sacked by the troops of Belisarius (538), the Saracens and the Hungarians. In 971 the marquis Trasmondo built a monastery in the village of Santini and the Abbot John settled there. During the XV century it became a fief of the D'Avalos family.
- the Sanctuary of Madonna dei Miracoli, built in 1962 and managed by the Benedictine monks. It has a rich library;
- the remains of the Benedictine Abbey of Santo Stefano in Rivomare, of the Early-Christian period, with the adjacent cemetery;
- the Church of San Salvatore, built in the XVIII century in Baroque style;
- the Civic Tower (1901);
- the XVI century Fonte Vecchia (Old Fountain);
- the noble palaces in Baroque and Neoclassical style set in the medieval historic center of the town;
- the archaeological area of Santini.