San Giovanni Lupatoto is a municipality in the province of Verona, washed by the Adige and located in the border of its provincial capital.
The area was inhabited since prehistoric times: several traces of pile dwellings found in this area date back to the Iron. Even the Celts chose this area of Verona, as evidenced by the discovery of a necropolis, while the Romans, who colonized the entire region, built some of their most important roads, such as Via Claudia Augusta. After the period of Roman rule, the area was subject to the domain of populations of the North, such as: Goths and Lombards. Under the control of the city of Verona, in the XV century, it was granted in fief to Lord "Domenico Quintavalle". Shortly after it submitted the domain of the Serenissima Republic of Venice and was seat of the Vicariates. In 1797 the area was conquered by Napoleon's troops and later passed to Austria and in 1866, finally became part of the Kingdom of Italy. In 1927 the town became a district of Verona, but regained its autonomy five years later.
- the Parish Church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, was built in 1772 on the remains of an older pre-existing church. It features a Latin cross plan and the façade is articulated and enriched by a half-moon window, four half-columns with a prominent base and capitals, surmounted by an imposing portal tympanum. Between the columns, there are four niches on two different levels. Above all tower a Cross and four statues, while in the background it is possible to admire the dome and bell tower, characterized by a pointed belfry surmounted by a small half-sphere. The church preserves within a series of valuable frescoes and an early XX century organ;
- the XVII century Church of the Madonna;
- the Church of Santa Maria Maddalena in Raldon;
- the Church of San Gaetano;
- the Church entitled to the Good Shepherd;
- the XVIII century Villa Palazzoli;
- the XV century Villa Wallner.