A municipality in the province of Verona, located in Val d'Adige, in an area between the river Adige and Monte Baldo, on the border with Trentino Alto Adige. It is a town scattered between the countryside and is divided into four districts. The local economy is devoted mainly to agriculture, particular is the cultivation of fruit and vines from which a good Pinot Grigio is produced. It is the ideal departure point for hiking trails, sometimes adventurous, which also propose the fishing and free climbing facilities.
The area of Brentino was chosen for settlements since prehistoric times and became a transit point for those who were directed to Germany. Inhabited in pre-Roman times, the town was colonized by the Romans, who built roads, including the Via Augusta: on which, recently discovered, there are traces of a "mansio" (an old carriage and coach station). After the barbarian invasions, the inhabitants were forced to find shelter on the slopes of Monte Baldo. The town suffered the domination of the Lombards and was ruled by the Della Scala, until it became part of the territories of the Serenissima Republic of Venice. The following historical events are similar to those suffered by the rest of the province, until, in 1930 it succeeded to obtain administrative autonomy, from the merger of two separate districts: Brentino and Belluno.
- the Church dedicated to Saints Philip and Jacob, whose façade, in Classical style, surmounted by a pediment, features four engaged columns with capitals, a half-moon window, two niches with statues on either side of the portal, which offer a particular color contrast of great effect. The Bell Tower, located in the rear, is finished with a truncated pyramid;
- the Church of San Vigilio, houses two valuable paintings: one depicting the Virgin and San Vigilio by the artist Piatti and another one depicting the Coronation of the Virgin by Perini;
- the Church of San Giacomo il Maggiore in Rivalta contains a XVII century painting realized by the artist Simbenati;
- the austere XVII century Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Preabocco;
- The XVIII century Church of St. Andrew of Belluno;
- the Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Crown;
- the Sanctuary of Christ on the Road;
- the 1740 step stairway to the Madonna of the Crown, a walkway partially excavated into the rock;
- the gorges of Mount Baldo and Vajo dell'Orsa;
- the XVII century Ponte del Tiglio.