The origins of the name are not very clear: it probably has a praedial Germanic origin. Municipality in the province of Verona, located in a bay of Lake Garda on an amphitheater shaped morainic ground, between Lake and the River Adige, the territory of Pastrengo, dominated by vineyards, olive groves and woods, is characterized by the presence of three large Bio-Parks. It is famous for its production of fine wines such as Bardolino and Bianco di Custoza.
The presence of traces of the Neolithic age allow us to say that this part of the Veneto region was inhabited since prehistoric times and almost certainly the first people who settled there were attracted by the abundant presence of water. After suffering the Roman colonization and the barbarian invasions, Pastrengo was proclaimed municipality and preserved for a long time the acquired privileges, even though subjected to Verona in the XII century. During the domain of the Venetian Republic, the town lived a period of peace and prosperity, tackling with pride the subsequent events, such as the conquest of Napoleon and the Austrian invasion, which also covered most of the other areas of the region. It was also scenario of the clashes during the three Wars of Independence and became famous for the victory of Charles Albert on the Austrians in April 1848. In 1866 it was finally incorporated into the Kingdom of Italy.
- the Parish Church of Santa Croce, built in the XVIII century, where once stood an older church and features a façade which proposes two floors separated by a prominent cornice. The lower body is characterized by two pairs of columns that flank the portal. The upper body, also features two pairs of columns with capitals that frame a window. The building is topped with a arch-shaped gable. The Bell Tower, located behind it, is surmounted by a spire. Inside the church features several valuable paintings by Lorenzi and Leonardi. The altar is decorated with a Shrine of the second half of the XVIII century;
- the XVIII century Church of San Rocco in Pol, which features a façade divided into two floors and decorated with niches and engaged columns that arise from rectangular bases. On top there is a tympanum. The Bell Tower, with a square shaped base, is at the rear and is topped by a spire;
- the XVII century Sanctuary of Santa Maria Assunta in Pol;
- the XIV century Church of San Zeno;
- the XIX century Forte Poggio Croce;
- the XIX century Forte Poggio in Pol;
- the XVIII century Casa Segattini;
- the XV century Casa Randina;
- Forte Degenfeld in Piovezzano;
- Forte Monte Folaga;