Ronzo-Chienis is a town in the province of Trento in the Val Gresta, known for the flourishing organic cultivation of agro-food products and its short walking distance from Rovereto, along the road that leads down to Lake Garda and surrounded by fir trees of Bordala and the peaks of Mount Stivo (2050 meters).
The area has been inhabited since ancient times, but the first news of the existence of the villas in the Ronzo and Chienis area, belonging to the ancient parish church of Gardumo, date back to the XIII century. The Castle of Gresta was built in 1225, occupied in 1324, by the lords of Castelbarco, who exercised jurisdiction over the valley until the fall of feudalism. Until 1971 the name of the town was Pannone, while the current name recalls those of the two villages, joined in 1923.
On sunny Spring days, the area proposes several trails for walks on foot or horseback and mountain biking. Other sports possible are paragliding and climbing. In Winter, it is possible to make excursions with snowshoes.
- the XVI century Church dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel, built on the site of an older one. It features an elegant portico and a bell tower with mullioned windows covered with a supple cusp;
- the new Parish Church, built in the 50s of the XX century;
- the numerous capitals and shrines;
- the ruins of the XIII century Castle of Gresta, built by the Lords of Gardumo on a very strategic hill top. Burned down by French troops in 1703, it was not rebuilt and the few ruins left have been left to decay;
- the Stone villages;
- the trenches of Nagia Grom, which date back to the First World War.