The town's name, which was originally Camarcio, derives from the presence, in the XV century of a residence, that belonged to the noble family of Gorgo of Vicenza. It is a municipality in the province of Udine, located in Lower Friuli.
Traces and important finds, excavated in the area, evidence that in the II century B.C., after the foundation of Aquileia, the Romans built a settlement and established here. Located next to the Via Gemina, the consular road which connected Ljubljana to Aquileia. At the fall of the Roman Empire, the territory was exposed to several attacks: by the Huns, which also devastated the nearby Aquileia, followed by numerous raids by the Hungarians. The village was mentioned in a historical text for the first time in 1211 with its original name Camarcio and register the reclamation of the lands from the marshes. In the XV century the region submitted the invasions of the Turks, until in 1466, the Gorgo Family from Vicenza Gorgo took over the rule, accompanied by several settlers. Barricades and fortifications were built and due to the presence of these Vicentini, the town assumed its present name. In the XVI century, Villa Vicentina was subjected to Austria, except for the Napoleonic period. Subsequently, the town was assigned to the Kingdom of Italy.
- the Parish Church of Santa Maria, built in the XVII century on the site of an pre-existing building. It features a gabled façade with statues and niches, which hosts a rich portal in Baroque style, artwork of Pacassi. Even the roof is decorated with statues. Inside is preserved a shrine composed of several elements, added over the ages: one of the XIII century and others of the XIV and XV centuries. Woth of mention: the XVIII century altars in black and white marble with statues and crucifixes, masterpieces of Baratta and Lazzarini, altarpieces painted by Rizzi: The church is also decorated with frescoes painted in the XIX century by Paghini and Bianchini. The apse proposes a beautiful altar and two marble portals, also artwork of Pacassi, and a XVII century wooden choir. On the main altar, there is the ancient statue of Our Lady of the Rosary;
- Villa Ciardi, not far from the center, which was the summer residence of Elisa Bonaparte Baciocchi, who also hosted Pasteur in 1870;
- the neo-Gothic Chapel, built by the Baciocchi family, at only 300 meters away from Villa Ciardi. Built in 1853, it houses a beautiful altarpiece, painted in 1867 by Tominz;
- Villa Asiola, part of which already existed in the second half of the XII century.