Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Trentino Alto Adige Val di Non Tuenno

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Tuenno

Description

In the province of Trento, Tuenno is one of the oldest villages of the Val di Non, located at the entrance of the Valle di Tovel in the Adamello-Brenta Nature Park. The first traces of settlement date back to the Rhaetian Ages and the local population had the first contacts with the Romans even before 46 A.D. As early as 1029, under the control of the Prince-Bishop of Trento, the Lords of Tuenno established their supremacy and in 1100, built their castle here, which was burnt down in 1407 after a popular uprising. In 1592 the local Council edited their own Regulation, updated two centuries later in 1759.
Tuenno is today an important fruit and vegetable production reality that actually offers to its visitor the most enchanting and characteristic relaxation and quiet of a rural setting, which, however, has recently equipped with modern buildings and modern equipment.

Attractions:
- the Church of Santa Emerenziana, originally built between the XI-XII centuries, its current appearance is dated XVI century. It features a façade with a late-Gothic portal and decorative elements of Romanesque origins. The oldest part is the polygonal apse lit by pointed arched windows, the main altar is Baroque with stone base and gilded wood. The altarpiece dates back to 1620;
- the Church of St. Ursula and Companions, built in 1914, contains a valuable wooden altar inlaid with gold decorations. The attached Bell Tower dates back to 1853;
- the Church of St. Nicholas built in a Classical style;
- Lake of Tovel, the largest natural lake in the Trentino and wildlife jewel of the Adamello-Brenta. It is also known by the nickname "Red Lake" for the color receiving waters during the Summer, due to the emerging to the surface of a particular type of seaweed of reddish color. However since the nineteen sixties, this phenomenon has gone gradually disappearing. It is however possible to go through the various phases through panels illustrative material, made available in the Park House;
- The Natural Park Adamello-Brenta.

Map

This town web page has been visited 17,055 times.

Choose language

italiano

english