It is a small mountain village, in the province of Trento, set at the foot of Mount San Pietro (or Ciolino); In the past, it used to be a major stopping-point on the road connecting the age-old castles of Arnana, Castellalto and San Pietro, which - together with Castel Telvana - were part of the defensive line protecting the valley. Moreover it is an ideal starting point for interesting excursions to the Calamento Valley or Ciolino Mount.
It is located along the ancient Roman road Claudia Augusta Altinate and it was totally destroyed during the First World War: its inhabitants, in fact, were sent to Austria or Corropoli (in the province of Teramo). With this latter town, Telve di Sopra is twinned since 1987.
- the Church of San Giovanni Battista, dating back to the early XIX century and flanked by a tall and slender bell tower;
- the small Church of San Giovanni in Sassetto, already mentioned in 1348, in late-gothic style with wooden ceiling;
- the path of Via Crucis, composed by 15 stops, whose statues are realized in wood by Val Gardena;
- the masi 8farms) and malghe (pastures);
- the path of Peace.