San Paolo d'Argon is a town in the province of Bergamo, near the Cavallina valley, at the foot of the Argon hill. It was known with the name of Buzzone until the first years of the XX century. The monastery of San Paolo has always been the historical and cultural epicenter of the town: it was founded in the XI century, totally refurbished during the XVI century and suppressed during the Napoleonic period. The Church of the monastery was rebuilt by the architect Domenico Messi, starting from 1684. Inside it is possible to admire valuable masterpieces, made by the most famous artists of that period, such as Giulio Quaglio, Antonio Camuzio, Giuseppe Maria Crespi, Sebastiano Ricci, Antonio Balestra, Andrea, Gian Giacomo and Andrea Manni.
We also mention the small church of San pietro delle Passere, dating back to the first half of the XI century, the small church of San Lorenzo, relevancy of the Benedictine monastery, and the church of Santa Maria in Argon.