The name is expression of the veneration of the villagers towards San Giusto, elected by their patron Saint. Municipality in the province of Turin, whose village lies on a flat area on the left bank of the river Orco, which features a harmonic structure, with many parks and houses set in an orderly manner, with adjacent gardens. Some rural XVIII century buildings and several houses have been built since the mid XIX century.
San Giusto is a newly established town, which was originally a district of nearby town of San Giorgio. In 1778, after many years marked by social and religious conflicts and incidents with San Giorgio, Vittorio Emanuele III decreed their division into two separate autonomous centers. San Giusto received, for first, the proclaim of administrative autonomy, not without difficulty, then it became parish. Records and evidence of its previous historical existence are, unfortunately, very limited: the only traced document is an act dating back to 1180, in which is confirmed the assignment of some lands by the Counts of San Martino to the Templars Knights.
Not to miss:
- the parish of Sts Fabiano and Sebastiano, in Baroque style, which was built between the late XVII and the late XVIII centuries, on the place where a pre-existing chapel was built, dedicated to the same saints. The building features a façade embellished with columns and a Bell tower located behind. Inside are preserved valuable and stucco decorations, an XVIII century icon and a polychrome marble altar dating back to 1771. The sacristy, dating from the XVIII century, which features a fresco painted ceiling, is enriched with antique furniture, paintings and a crucifix dating from the XVIII century;
- the Church of San Giacomo of Ruspaglia;
- the Chapel of Marengo, built in 1804 in honor of Our Lady of Sorrows by the artist Petrini, it was restored and enhanced with stucco decorations and paintings;
- the Town Hall;
- the stone drinking trough, dated 1606.