Bosconero (Boscus niger) is a municipality in the province of Turin, in the Canavese area, between the countryside with a mainly industrial vocation.
The town is of Roman origins, as evidenced by the presence of a wall which dates back to the I century B.C. During the siege against the Salassi (an ancient Italic population), the area was a Roman army camp and settlement. At the fall of the Empire, the Romans were succeeded by Burgundians, Lombards and Franks. In the Middle Ages, the lands, that originally belonged to Count Arduino, were divided between the Families of Valperga and San Martino, who were protagonists of long-standing disputes and struggles for the territorial government over this very rich area. The conflict ended with the intervention of the Savoy. A period of relative calm and prosperity for the citizens followed, that finally found peace with the establishment of a first municipal government. In 1694, the town of Bosconero gained independence from Rivarolo, of which, until then, it was only a district.
- the Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, built in the XVII century;
- the Public Library;
- the Church of St. Rocco and St. Carlo in Rivarolo, dating the second half of the XVIII century, features a single nave plan with decorations made by Molinari and houses the relics of Santa Felicissima;
- the Church of the Brotherhood of SS. Name of Jesus in Rivarolo, built in the early XVII century and enlarged several times, features also a Bell Tower added in 1677. Inside are preserved valuable paintings, a wooden pulpit from 1880 and the relics of St. Vittore;
- the Parish Church of St. James in Rivarolo, erected in 1775 by the architect Michele, it presents a Baroque façade, while the interior features three naves and a fine altar. Inside it preserves a wooden statue depicting the Virgin by the artist Clemente and a painting by Alemanni. The structure is flanked by a Bell Tower 48 meters tall;
- the Church and Convent of St. Francis in Rivarolo of the XV century, according to the local tales it was founded by St. Francis of Assisi. It preserves a valuable fresco of Spanzotti depicting the Adoration of the Child;
- the Parish Church of San Michele Arcangelo in Rivarolo, built in 1759 by architect Vittone, and features a dome divided into eight segments. The altar is decorated with a wooden statue of the late Gothic period;
- the Church entitled to Jesus in Rivarolo;
- the XIV century Castle of the Malgrà in Rivarolo, which was built by the Count of San Martino and remained in the family ownership until the XVII century, followed by several owners. The structure submitted renovations by the architect of Andrade in the late XIX century. The castle is currently owned by the municipality.