Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Emilia Romagna Adriatic Coast and surroundings Saludecio

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Saludecio

Description

Medieval village in the province of Rimini, Saludecio is located in the hills of the Valconca, the last bastion of defense of the Malatesta. On the origins of the town's name there are two schools of thought: some historians attest that it derives from "Salus Decii" (with reference to a famous Roman character, or maybe, even the Emperor Trajan, who found here the health relief and safety), while according to others, from San Laodicio that, in antique Italian, in Boccaccio's Decameron appears as "Sanlodeccio".
During the XIII and XIV centuries, these lands was contended by the Malatesta of Rimini and the Papal States, conflict which ended with the occupation, in 1462, by Federico da Montefeltro who conquered Saludecio from Sigismondo Malatesta and submitted the fief to the Papal State. The town also submitted the domain of the Borgias and the Serenissima Republic of Venice.
Sites of Interest:
- the Church of San Biagio, a splendid example of neo-Classical architecture, designed by Giuseppe Achilli;
- the Church and Convent of Gerolomini with a superb XIX century brick façade, which houses the artworks of the XVII and XVIII centuries, including a fine carved wooden altar;
- the Church of Sant'Ansovino, in the homonymous village, rebuilt in 1818;
- the XVIII century Church of St. Rocco, in the hamlet of the same name, directly dependent from the Lateran episcopate in Rome;
- Porta Marina, the main entrance to the village, which, together with the remains of the walls, built by Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, represents what remains of the fortification;
- Porta Montanari, which used to be the toll and control of the passage of people and goods towards the foothills of the Apennines and, especially, with the towns on the boundaries with the possessions of the Montefeltro;
- the Civic Tower, of medieval origins;
- the Castle of Meleto, a small fortified village that has retained the charm of a small town of Lombard origin;
- the Castel of Cerreto, of medieval origins;
- Museum of Saludecio and the Beato Amato.
- the numerous historical buildings (Town Hall, Palazzo Albini, Palazzo Marangoni-Cerri, Palazzo Achille Albini-Camaeti, Palazzo Albini-Serafini, Palazzo Botticelli, Palazzo Albini-Elisei, Palazzo Renzi, Palazzo Marcucci).

Map

This town web page has been visited 19,826 times.

Choose language

italiano

english