Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Emilia Romagna Adriatic Coast and surroundings Riccione

Most viewed in Riccione

  • Hotel La Cappuccina Riccione

    The 3 Star hotel in Riccione, is open Annualy & is situated in a quiet & central position 100m from the sea & 390m from Viale Ceccarini, ideal for shopping & walks. This family run hotel is one of the few to have the Ulysses Room fully air conditioned,...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Riccione

Description

Riccione with an important touristic tradition is one of the most famous seaside and holiday resorts of the Riviera Romagnola.

It's name has Greek origins with traces that date back to the Byzantine domination of the VI century A.D.: "archeion" is the name of a plant, the burr, which still today grows wild in small beach areas not occupied by beach lidos, but once upon a time was abound along the coastline.

It was a district of Rimini and became a Town Hall with its own Council in 1922. The city started to become famous as a resort in the second half of the '800, when the Naval Hospital was built, thanks to the grants loaned by the Ceccarini couple and in particular by Mrs. Maria Borman of American origins, which gave a strong impulse to the local economy. Since the end of the Second World War, Riccione has become the holiday destination of famous celebrities of the jet-set.

The archeological site of San Lorenzo in Strada offers the possibility to admire the Roman ruins with traces between the III century B.C. and the VI century A.D.

All the antique exhibits found are on show at the Local Territory Museum.

Worth a visit are: the church of San Martino, built in 1237; Villa Franceschi (seat of the Modern and Contemporary Art Gallery); Villa Mussolini, built in 1890 with the name of Villa Margherita, it was bought by the "Duce Mussolini" in 1934, who transformed it into his Summer residence; Villa Lode Fe, seat of the Award for television reporters dedicated to Ilaria alpi; the Castle of the Angolanti and the Lungomar

Map

This town web page has been visited 61,592 times.

Choose language

italiano

english