Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




you are here: Home Veneto Venice Surroundings Marcon


Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail




The town's name derives the Latin name Marcus. Municipality in the province of Venice, Marcon is located on a completely flat plain, washed by canals and other waterways.
Although there are no clear traces of the presence of the Roman Empire, the conformation of the center's main roads and its proximity to Altino, allow historians to attest that the area was under the positive influence of Rome. The first historical document, that refers to the town of Marcon, dates back to year 1000: it is an act of donation by the Bishop of Treviso to the Benedictines of Mogliano, who administered the territory until the XV century. The area was characterized by the dense presence of woods and ponds and for this reason was unattractive for a long period and scarcely populated. Morcon, like most of the other localities of the province of Venice, was conquered by French troops led by Napoleon in 1807 and was proclaimed municipality. Under the Habsburg rule, the centre was merged with the nearby one of Mogliano and regained its independence only in 1818.

- the arch parish Church of St George, of which there are documented reports since the XII century, presents itself with forms attributed after the renovations submitted in the XVIII century. A single nave plan, which features five XVIII century altars and preserves within a painting by Boldini, four fine wooden statues, an XIX century organ and a precious XVI century tabernacle with a polychrome decorative panel dedicated to St. George;
- the late XVII century Temple of St. Joseph, built in an elegant Rococo style, is flanked by a small Bell Tower. Inside is preserved a XVII century masterpiece of the artist Ruberti;
- the XVIII century Church of St. Bartholomew, with its valuable paintings and a beautiful inlaid marble altar;
- the XX century Church of Saints Benedict, Cyril and Methodius, built by the architect Barbisan;
- the Chapel and the Barn of Villa Astori are all that remains of a vast complex built in the XVII century;
- the XVII century Villa Pauletta;
- the Nature Park of Zero.


This town web page has been visited 26,781 times.

Choose language