Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




you are here: Home Veneto Venice Surroundings Noventa di Piave


Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail


Noventa di Piave


Noventa di Piave is a town in the province of Venice, located on the left bank of the river Piave, on the most eastern border with the territories of Treviso. The abundance of water makes the land very fertile and suitable for the cultivation of cereals and vines.
The first settlement was created in the V century B.C. by the Opitergini (an ancient Italic population), in an area characterized by woods, ideal for obtaining timber, and a lagoon full of islands and rich in fish. The presence of rivers gave way to a rapid transportation of goods and people. The area was later colonized by the Romans, who settled here in the II century B.C. and built a series of road arteries which, at the time, connected to the major cities. Already in 167 A. D., Barbarian tribes tried to conquer the territories, but found a strong opposition thanks to the legions of Emperor Marcus Aurelius. After the fall of the Roman Empire, other populations tried to conquest what others had failed previously: Visigoths, Huns, Goths, Heruli, Swabians, Lombards, Franks and Hungarians. Around year 1000 the Emperor Otto III granted the lands to the Patriarchate of Aquileia. The inhabitants were directly involved in the clashes between the Ezzelini and the Camino, and later in others between the latter and the Scala family. It submitted the domain of the Serenissima Republic of Venice and subsequently the advent of Napoleon, who granted the town with the recognition of independent municipality.

- the Archpriest Church of San Mauro, built in 1152 and restored in the XV century. In the first half of the XVI century, the building was flanked by a Bell Tower and in the second half of same century two aisles and the choir were added. The original building was destroyed in 1917 during the war and a new structure was built in its place, completed in 1923. The present building features a Romanesque style façade divided into two distinct parts: a lower porch with three arches supported by columns and an upper one that features a rose window and is surmounted by a gable roof. The interior proposes three naves divided by columns with capitals that support arches, that form a semicircular apse. The color effects and the frescoes of the artist Donadon represent a very elegant style. The church is flanked by an exceptionally tall Bell Tower, built on a solid foundation, interrupted only by a series of mullioned windows, arches and a clock. It ends with a tympanum and a high spire. Inside, of the first original building, remain the XVIII century marble statue depicting the Virgin Mary, by the Marchiori, a XV century icon of the Virgin and a processional cross dating between the XII and XIII centuries;
- the Church of the Redeemer;
- the Oratory of Ca'Memo;
- the XVIII century Villa Bortolussi;
- the mosaics of the Roman Ages;
- Villa Ca'Zorzi;
- Villa Da Mula.


This town web page has been visited 21,976 times.

Choose language