Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Trentino Alto Adige Alta Badia Corvara in Badia - Colfosco

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Corvara in Badia - Colfosco

Description

Corvara in Badia (Corvara in German and Ladino) is the largest town in the Val Badia, in the province of Tyrol, located about 1568 meters above sea level, in the heart of the Dolomites. It is considered the cradle of tourism in Val Badia, as since the XVIII century the local youth began to climb the nearby peaks and lead to these summits the first tourists, attracted by a quiet and unspoiled nature. The construction of the sledge cable to Col Alto in 1938, replaced in 1947 by the first chair lift of Italy, the beautiful snow-covered slopes, the picturesque mountain trails, the wonderful view of the Marmolada and the hospitality of the locals, make of Corvara a favorite destination for lovers of the mountain, in Winter as in Summer Seasons.
Colfosco (Kolfuschg in German, Ladino Calfosch) is a district of the municipality of Corvara in Badia, located at the foot of the Sella massif, the ideal starting point for mountains excursions.
The district's name derives from "Corvus" (crow), to with the addition of the suffix"-aria" means "place whch belongs to the crows", attested since 1296.
Corvara belonged to the fief of Marebbe-Val Badia and was under the jurisdiction of the Convent of Castel Badia. While the colonization of Colfosco was founded by Laion, the first inhabitants of Corvara came from the territory of San Lorenzo.
Sites of Interest:
- the Church of St. Catherine of Alexandria, cited for the first time in 1347. Built in Gothic style, the interior is rich of murals depicting scenes from the life of the Saint;
- the Parish of the Sacred Heart, designed by Erich Pattis and consecrated in 1959;
- the Parish of Colfosco, built in 1420;
- the Zoo of Colfosco

Map

This town web page has been visited 35,747 times.

Choose language

italiano

english