The town's name derives from the Old German word "Kunke" (step). Conco is a municipality in the province of Vicenza, located in the south-eastern in the Upper Plain of "Seven Towns" area, protected by mountains to the North and by green hills to the South.
Recently, near Conco, remains of a settlement dating to Prehistoric times have been unearthed. Between the years 1000 and 1100, tribes of German origins settled into the area, attracted by the presence of uncultivated lands. The first documents to report of the existence of the center, date back to year 983, when the territory belonged to the Bishops of Padua, to Vicenza, to the Ezzelini and to the city of Padua. It was part of the Regency of the Seven Towns. Since 1405, the town submitted the dominion of the Serenissima Republic of Venice, being located in a strategic position for the control of the border with Austria, which is a very short distance. Conco was of fundamental importance for Venice in more than one occasion: in the War against Austria, in the War of the League of Cambrai, and the one of the Holy League, and for these reasons, it was granted with the right of exemption from the payment of taxes, which gave way to a period of great development. Repeatedly attached and separated from the town of Lusiana, the municipality acquired its full autonomy in 1796.
- the XVI century Parish Church situated in the main square. It features a simple façade with three entrance portals, the central one is surmounted by a small tympanum. The whole building is covered by a gable roof, that with decorative elements is connected to the lower floors and side buildings, creating a series of pleasing patterns. Above the portals on the sides there are two half-moon windows, while the middle one is decorated with a three circle rose window. On top of the roof stands a small cross. The building is flanked by a high Bell Tower with a truncated pyramid surrounded by a frame to separate the base from the rest of the body with a square section. The four sides are decorated with pilasters and on each side there is a face of the clock. The belfry is made light and airy with a double series of lancet windows on each side, while the central one is embellished with a balustrade;
- the Church of the village of Santa Caterina, inside which are preserved the relics of the Holy Thorn;
- the archaeological site of Val Lastaria;
- the quarries of Rubbio