Foza is a municipality in the province of Vicenza, located near the River Brenta, at almost 1100 meters above sea level.
There is no definite information about the foundation of the town: the name reveals that, without doubt, the first settlers were of Germanic origin, the Cimbri, probably attracted by the fertility of the land and the presence of the river, excellent transport route for people and goods. The first document to report of the existence of the center is dated year 1085, when the territory belonged to the Monastery of Villanova of Camposanpiero, which was later subjected to the monks of Campese. At the end of the XII century, a vast area of the territories were conquered by Ezzelini, later defeated by Cangrande della Scala. Foza was incorporated in the Regency of the Seven Towns, a small autonomous confederation equipped with a small army, that established in 1310, lasted until 1807 with its laws and separate government from the rest of the other localities of the Vicenza area. During this period, the town was linked to the Scala and to the Visconti Families, while in the XV century, under the domain of Venice, it was exempted from paying taxes and was granted with a degree of autonomy. In the XIX century it passed to the Hapsburg Empire, until it was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy.
- the Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta, recently built, is extremely simple on the outside with portals surmounted by frescoed lunettes. The interior features three naves divided by hand graved stone columns. Two-tone bands under the arches recall the colors of the floor. The ceiling is paneled in wood, painted bright colors, that create a remarkable play of colors, in contrast with the whiteness of the walls. Inside are preserved a fine XVI century altarpiece by Francesco da Ponte the Elder, a wooden Crucifix by an unknown artist and a wooden Baptistery;
- the Oratory of San Rocco in Gavelle, originally built in the second half of the XIX century, was rebuilt after being hit during the bombing of the First World War;
- the Church of San Francesco, built to replace an earlier one destroyed during the war;
- the Church of St. Anthony.