Historians have developed several thesis on the origins of the town's name: for reasons of synthesis it probably derives from the Cimbro dialect and refers to the large presence of woods in the area, while for some others it derives from "lus-aan" (cut out) and for others supports that it comes from Latin "lucus Dianae" (sacred woods of Diana).
Municipality in the province of Vicenza, situated on the slopes of Mount Cornione, near the stream Isora, the town's territory, which extends from 250 to 1400 meters above sea level, is very heterogeneous, both in terms of morphological and climate. It is a Summer climatic and Winter sports resort, from where it is possible to enjoy extraordinary views and offers different kinds of environment: forests, alpine meadows, foothills and plains. The local economy is devoted to agriculture, but a strong income derives from the extraction of stone and tourism.
The area was inhabited since ancient times, probably by Paleovenitian populations, as evidenced by findings unearthed near Mount Crognon and Mount Covolo. Later a population of Germanic origins settled here, probably attracted by the presence of fertile lands to cultivate. Lusiana became part of the Regency of the Seven Towns, which founded in 1310, survived until 1807, thanks to its small army, its own laws and autonomy. The domain of the Serenissima Republic of Venice brought prosperity and development, who respected the autonomy gained by the town that was for a long while linked to Conco, from which it was separated more than once over the centuries.
- the Parish Church of San Giacomo, built between the late XVIII and early XIX century, features a façade punctuated by sturdy columns, with three entrances and is topped by a gable topped by a large circular window. On the two corners of the central gable are present the statues of two Saints. The building is flanked by a massive Bell Tower, which features a truncated pyramid base. The belfry features a series of beautiful light mullioned windows, topped by a small temple with lancet windows. The interior features three naves separated by arches supported by pairs of columns with capitals. Inside are preserved several important artworks, including the Nativity Scene by the artist Jacopo da Ponte;
- the Church of San Donato in Covolo, built in 1089, is a small and simple building with a gable roof, flanked by a Bell Tower with a square base. Inside are preserved several recently restored valuable frescoes;
- the Church of the village of Santa Caterina, enlarged in 1750, retains a fine XVI century altarpiece depicted by Jacopo Bassano;
- the Parco del Sojo in the village of Covolo is a walking path, embellished by artworks of various artists;
- the prehistoric village of Mount Corgnon;
- the Alpine Botanical Garden;
- the educational area of Labioli;
- la Valle dei Mulini (the Mill Valley).