Acri is a mountain town in the province of Cosenza, located at the foot of the Sila massif and surrounded by lush woods creating a very evocative landscape. It is a famous Calabrian town that boasts a very ancient past, dating back to the Bronze Age, as evidenced by some findings recently founded. The place name derives from the Greek name "Akra" (meaning "top", already mentioned in the first half of the Xiv century). Some scholars identify Acri with the ancient Pandosia Bruzia. After the fall of the Roman, the city was conquered and destroyed by the Ostrogoths. In 1479 Acri passed under the control of the France and, in the XVI century, of the Spain. In 1799 joined the Neapolitan Republic, suffering a heavy repression by the Bourbon army.
- the remains of a feudal castle, a XIV century fortification set on the Rocca dei Bruzi and built on a pre-existing stronghold of the Brutian period in order to defense the town from the nearby powerful Sibari.
- the Basilica of the Blessed Angelo d'Acri, inaugurated in 1898, has a beautiful bronze portal and two bell towers. Inside it is possible to admire the 12 chapels and the urn containing the remains of the Blessed Angelo;
- the Church of Santa Chiara, dating back to the XV century, which was once annexed with a monastery, suppressed after the invasion of the French troops;
- the Church of Annunziata, already mentioned in a document of 1269, has a beautiful belltower on three levels in white stone, frescoes by Raffaele d'Alvisio and a valuable fresco in Byzantine style recently discovered in the sacristy.
- the XVI century Church of Madonna del Rinfresco, built after the Virgin appeared to a local woman;
- the Church and convent of San Francesco di Paola, dating back to XI-XII century, with a bell tower in Byzantine-Romanesque style;
- the Church and convent of the Capuchin Fathers (second half of the XVI century);
- the Church of San Nicola ante castillum, rebuilt in the XV century and dating back to the X-XI century. It was recently refurbished bringing to light its sober late-Medieval architecture, with its eight one windows and the presbytery in Gothic-Byzantine style.
- the Church of Santa Maria Maggiore, already mentioned in a document of 1269, today in Baroque style;
- the Church of Santa Caterina, originally dedicated to St. Augustine, dating back to the XVI century, has inside valuable paintings of the XVI-XVII century;
- the Church of San Nicola, of Greek rite and documented for the first time in 1080, is located in Casilicchio district;
- Palazzo Dodaro (1800);
- Palazzo Sprovieri (1700);
- Palazzo Feraudo (1800).