Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




you are here: Home Lombardy Valtellina Valfurva (Santa Caterina Valfurva)


Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail


Valfurva (Santa Caterina Valfurva)


Valfurva is composed of a series of scattered villages of the Upper Valtellina area, located in the heart of the mountains Ortles-Cevedale, in the province of Sondrio, on the border between Lombardy and Trentino Alto Adige,. Its name derives from the surrounding green valley and Valfurva was once a major transit point along the Imperial Way of Alemagna, which connects the county of Bormio and the Republic of Venice, through the Gavia pass. Immersed in the splendid scenery of the National Park of the Stelvio, it is the ideal place for pleasant walks and hikes along mountain trails. During the Winter months, however, the village of Santa Caterina is certainly the ideal destination for lovers of alpine and nordic skiing.

In addition to its beautiful landscapes and nature, among other sites of interest worth of mention are:
- the Museum of the Valfurva Valley, a permanent documented exhibition of the local history and culture;
- the Church of the Holy Trinity, in the village of Teregua;
- the Church of San Rocco, in the village of Uzza, erected in 777 and rebuilt in 1491;
- the Church of Our Lady of Mercy, in the village of Uzza, an octagonal plan building built in XVIII century;
- the Parish Church of Saints Nicholas and George, built prior to 1228;
- the Church of Sant'Antonio Abate, in the district of St. Anthony, already mentioned in a document of 1421 and rebuilt after a disastrous fire of 1899.


This town web page has been visited 20,408 times.

Choose language