It is a town of the Lomellina area, located not far from the left bank of the Po. The local legends narrate that the origins of Sartirana Lomellina are related to those of the noble Roman family, the Gens Satria, who built a villa here, as stated in Tables Food Trajan.
Ruled by the Milanese till 1213, when it became part of the Visconti Family's dominions.
Emblem of the town is the Castle, dating from the XIV century, the largest of all the Lomellina area. Built by the Visconti, the construction features a moat, a courtyard and four corner towers, which, at present, houses the Center of Studies of the Lomellina area and the Foundation of Art of Sartirana.
Other important buildings are the church of San Rocco, attached to the castle and the church of Santa Maria (1486), which preserves a series of wooden artworks such as the Madonna of Socco (XVI century) and a crucifix of the XV century .