With a splendid view of the Brenta Dolomites and the Outer Giudicarie, San Lorenzo is the main town of the district of Banale, in the province of Trento, which was built and divided by seven important "households": Berghi, Dollaso, Glolo, Pergnano, Prato, Busa and Senaso. Located within walking distance of Lake Molveno, it is the ideal starting point for excursions in Val Ambiez. In Summer it proposes oxygenating long walks and hiking trails in the mountains, while in Winter, it is located within easy reach of the ski resorts of Andalo and Paganella.
The name reveals common European roots, which refers to the feudal rights of the Middle Ages.
The area was inhabited since ancient times, as evidenced by the presence of a dwelling village in Fiavé; later colonized by the Romans, that subdued the local population of the Stoni and incorporated the area under the jurisdiction of the Municipium of Brescia. After the fall of Empire the local populations submitted the domain of the Lombards and the Franks, until the Prince-Bishop of Trento established his temporal rule over the territories. With the Treaty of Vienna of 1815, the area was annexed to the County of Tyrol.
Sites of Interest:
- the ruins of the Castle of Mani;
- the XVII century Church of St. Apollonia;
- the Church of St. Rocco and St. Sebastian, which preserves within frescoes of the Baschenis;
- the Church of St. Matthew, with its old churchyard;
- the numerous votive Chapels;
- the House of the Osei, and XVIII century building which houses a permanent ethnographic exhibition;
- the Park House of "Once upon a time," a collection of the local peasant uses and traditions.