Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

  • Romantic Boat Amalfi

    Romantic Boat Amalfi

    Rental Boat, Boats with Skippers, Exclusive Excursions to Capri, Positano Boats, Li Galli Island, Positano, Atrani, Amalficoast...

  • Hotel Rocca Civalieri Relais Piedmont

    Hotel Rocca Civalieri Relais Piedmont

    Charming Luxury 4 Stars Hotel Accommodation Relais Gourmet Wellness Quattordio Alessandria Piedmont Italy

  • Hotel Sole Splendid Maiori

    Hotel Sole Splendid Maiori

    hotel in Maiori, accommodation in Maiori, hotel on the Amalfi Coast, accommodation on the Amalfi Coast, sea view hotel, sea view...

  • Amalfi Transfer Amalfi Coast

    Amalfi Transfer Amalfi Coast

    Exclusive Excursions, Taxi Driver, Airport Transfers Naples Capodichino Rome Salerno Neapolitan Riviera Amalficoast Campania Italy

  • Villa I Barronci Chianti

    Villa I Barronci Chianti

    Luxury Resort Quality Charming Relais Accommodation Country Resort Hotel Farmhouse Chianti Florence Tuscany Italy

you are here: Home Valle d'Aosta Gran Paradiso Rhémes-Notre-Dame

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Rhémes-Notre-Dame

Description

The town's name, for the first part, derives from the Provençal "rows" (rowing), or from the Piedmontese "Remmar" (beam), the second part honors the patron saint. Rhémes-Notre-Dame is one the smallest and least populated towns of the entire region and is part of the National Park of Gran Paradiso, which features an incomparable landscape characterized by canyons, glaciers, streams and larch trees. A cozy resort with modern and efficient sports facilities with 20 kilometers of cross country trails, 5 km of downhill slopes and various trekking trails in the wild nature.
The discovery of some tools, near Cachoz, testifies the human presence in the Valley of Rhémes since the Bronze Age. The area was inhabited by the Celts and Salassi, then conquered by the Romans. During the Middle Ages it was part of the fief of Chatel Argent, subject to the dominion of the lords of Bard, whilst at the end of the XIV to the XVII century the town belonged to the lords Sarriod of Introd. The latter were forced to sell the estate to Pierre Philippe Roncas, Marquis of Caselle. A few years later, in 1682, the Marquis Roncas sold some of its properties, that were later acquired by the lords Brunel. In 1740 Rhémes-Notre-Dame was acquired by the Duke of Savoy and later the Marquis de Chatel Argent, who ceded some rights to the two towns of Rhémes-Saint-Georges and Rhémes-Notre-Dame, such as the freedom from census and tax revenues.

Not to miss:

The original Parish Church, consecrated in 1495, along with the bell tower which was rebuilt in 1680 and enlarged in 1839. Embellished with paintings of Stornone of Ivrea in 1864, it was restored and decorated by the brothers Artari in 1896. The current building features a Latin cross plan and two side altars, the main altar is in polychrome marble.
The parish house of great architectural value, rebuilt in 1791, features the characteristics typical of Valle d'Aosta homes with an adjoining barn and a series of ingenious devices to contain the damage of snow hazards.
The Chapel of Carre, entitled to St. Anne, which was built in 1620 and completely rebuilt in 1864.
The Chapel of Pellaud, dedicated to Saints Sebastian and Rocco Fabiano, which was built around 1645. It was destroyed by a flood in 1868 and rebuilt the following year.
The Chapel of Fos, entitled to St. James the Great, which was founded in 1707.
The Chapel of Barmaverain, dedicated to Saints Pantaleone, Sebastian and Rocco, founded in 1644, which today is just a ruin.

Map

This town web page has been visited 13,066 times.

Choose language

italiano

english