Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Trentino Alto Adige S. Martino di Castrozza, Primiero Valleys, Vanoi Fiera di Primiero

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Fiera di Primiero

Description

Small village in the province of Trento, located at the foot of Mount Bedolè and the Pale of San Martino, at the confluence of the streams Cismon and Canali, Fiera di Primiero is one of the most important towns in the valley of the same name, although it is one of the smallest municipalities in Italy for extension (0.15 sq km).
The town's name reveals precisely the role of the trade fair held here in the past.
The origins date back to the earliest years of the XV century, when it was part of the Welsperg Family's feud and part of the Austrian Empire. In this period, it recorded a substantial increase in economic and demographic favored by intensive exploitation of local iron, copper and silver mines.
Fiera Primiero is an all year round resort, ideal for lovers of trekking and outdoor walking, hiking and winter sports, practiced at the nearby ski areas of San Martino di Castrozza, Passo-Rolle and Primiero-Passo Cereda

Sites of Interest:
- the Church of the Assumption, in the Gothic style, in which is preserved a fine XV century wooden polyptych, that for a long time was on display at the Museum of Buonconsiglio in Trento. On the outside stands a superb stone portal, while the building is flanked by a tall Bell Tower;
- the Church of St. Martin (XI century), in Romanesque style, today is a baptistery;
- the Church of Our Lady of Help, built in 1663 and flanked by a civic watchtower of 1910;
- the Palace of the Mines, home of the Judge of Mines, an Imperial appointment, who controlled the mine extractions in the valley. It is in pure flavor Austrian late-Gothic and was erected by Archduke Sigismund of Austria in the second half of the XV century;
- the Welsperg Family Palace, in classic style;
- the home and birthplace of Luigi Negrelli, creator of the Suez Canal and a number of railway lines in the Lombardy-Venetia and Elvezia Kingdoms;
- the Natural Park Paneveggio Pale of San Martino.

Map

This town web page has been visited 18,279 times.

Choose language

italiano

english