Capital of the Vanoi County, Canal San Bovo is a pleasant and welcoming town in the province of Trento, located in Vanoi Valley, a large natural terrace surrounded by pine forests. With its typical narrow streets paved with porphyry, Canal San Bovo is the ideal place to spend pleasant and rejuvenating holidays throughout the year: during the Spring and Summer months, in fact, it is possible to make excursions on foot, horseback or mountain bike, but also grapple with fishing and kayaking along the waters of the river Lozen. In Winter, however, the Vanoi Valley is the ideal place for lovers of sledding, alpine skiing and cross-country skiing.
The name seems to refer to the plan of the elder, once widespread in the valley in ancient documents, in fact, the village is mentioned as "Canalis Sambuci."
Through the Valley of Primiero, different German and Slavic language populations reached the area and with the descent of the Lombards in Italy, the Vanoi County was ruled by the Feltre. In 1373, while continuing to be part of the diocese of Feltre, the Valley was politically assigned to Tyrol and an intensive mining process took place. The Austrian domination lasted until World War I, when the valley was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy.
- the Church of Saints Bartholomew the Apostle and Bovo, in Baroque style was consecrated in 1852 after the former church was destroyed by a flood in 1829. It preserves inside several valuable artworks from the old church, including an organ of 1777, the high altar in gilded wood, the XVII century wooden icon depicting the two patron saints. The stained glass windows were made in Innsbruck. Also of major interest are the frescoes;
- the Church of Our Lady of Caravaggio;
- the Baroque Church of St. Gotthard;
- the ancient Church of San Silvestro;
- the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin;
- the Vanoi Ecomuseum;
- the Permanent Exhibition of the Great War on Lagorai 1914-1918, which houses the historical memories of the Great War fought in the mountains of Lagorai;
- the Natural Park Paneveggio-Pale di San Martino;
- Lake Calaita.