Town in the province of Trento, Dro is located in the valley of the Sarca river, north of Lake Garda, surrounded by Lake Cavedine and, further north, by Lake Toblino with its impressive castle. It has the typical features of the villages on Lake Garda, with irregular streets, towers, buildings with carved stone portals.
Besides the possibility of interesting excursions, in contact with the surrounding nature, thanks to the presence of rock walls, Dro is well known by free-climbing fans.
Sites of Interest:
- the Marocche of Dro, an imposing pile of limestone rocks of glacial origins, which gives to the landscape a sort of desert profile, on which the biotype features have been safeguarded;
- the Roman Bridge of Ceniga, whose present forms date back to 1868, in replacement of the older building, destroyed during the Third War of Independence;
- Toresela, the remains of a watchtower, probably built to guard the main entrance to the town;
- the Tower Guaita of Pietramurata;
- the desecrated Church of Saints Sisinio, Martinio and Alessandro;
- the baroque Church of St. Anthony;
- the hydroelectric power plant of Fiesa, dating to the early XX century.