Municipality in the province of Belluno, located in Val Comelico, San Pietro di Cadore is composed of several small districts located between 1100 and 1500 meters above sea level, surrounded by woods and an unspoiled nature, framed in the background by the majestic peaks of the Rinaldo, the Terze and the Crode of Longerin. The municipality territories border with Austria. The main centre consists mostly of wooden houses and typical barns. The area is a tourist preferred destination throughout the year.
The area of Cadore was inhabited since prehistory, as evidenced by the presence of necropolis and inscriptions. Later it was colonized by several populations: Ligurians, Illyrians, Veneti, Gauls and Celts. During the period of Roman domain, the town was linked to important road that connected the major localities of Val Pusteria to Auronzo. After the fall of the Empire, the area submitted the invasion of Heruli, Ostrogoths, Franks, Byzantines and Lombards. An accurate study of the traces attest that the first permanent settlements in the Comelico area were built prior to year 1000. In the XIII century The inhabitants imposed to themselves a series of "Regole" (rules or regulation of the lands), which were recognized and legalized also by the Republic of Venice, who acquired power over the territory in the XIV century. During this period of domain the whole region enjoyed a very prosperous period of well-being and development, and the Poli family particularly distinguished themselves. After the fall of the Serenissima, the town was conquered by troops of Napoleon, who removed the common rules and institutions, and later, after a period of Austrian domain, the town was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy.
- the Church of St. Peter, whose original structure was built in the second half of the XIII century, later renovated in the XVI and enlarged with the addition of two aisles in the XVIII. It features several decorative elements in Gothic style, particularly interesting is the central vault and the choir, completed between the XV and XVI centuries. Inside is preserved an altarpiece depicted by the artist Vecelli; - the Church of St. Wolfgang in Presenaio which dates back to 1420 and features a fine wooden altar;
- the Church of San Lorenzo in Valle;
- the Church of St. Anne;
- the XVII century Villa Poli, built by the Poli family who ruled throughout the period of Venetian domination. The sumptuous building is decorated in an elegant and sober style with frescoes by the artist Pellegrini. Today it houses the seat of the Town Hall.