Municipality in the province of Belluno, located near the stream Ansiei and the artificial lake which is created from its waters, the territory of Auronzo del Cadore extends through the Valley of Cadore and includes the Peaks of Lavaredo and Lake Misurina and borders with Trentino Alto Adige. The main center, located in a beautiful landscape, is surrounded by several mountain ranges, including the Cadini, the Croda of Tòne, the Corno del Doge, which attract tourists both in Summer and Winter Seasons. The lake of Santa Caterina hosts important boating and canoe races, while in the nearby there are several trails, ideal for walking or cycling. Of great interest is also the Forest of Somadida.
The archaeological findings attest that the area of the Eastern Alps has been inhabited since Pre-historic times. Of great importance, for the scholars, were the discovery of the human rests of the "Man of Mondeval" the burial remains of a hunter who lived 12,000 years ago and the "Mummy of the Similaun". The area was a hunting area frequently chose by Celt tribes, as evidenced by the presence of local artifacts, as well as the use, still today, of several Celtic words like Cadore itself. Later it was colonized by the Romans, who built roads, such as the Via Claudia Augusta Altinate. After the Fall of the Empire, the entire valley submitted the invasion of the populations of the north and east. Due to the long period of rule of the Serenissima Republic of Venice, deep traces have remained in the local dialects, still in use.
- the XVIII century Church of Santa Giustina, situated in Villagrande. An austere exterior hides an extremely rich interior, which features a single nave plan, where it is possible to admire the frescoes of the artist Schiavi, the paintings of De Min, important marble altars, stucco decorations and statues and a Venetian style organ of 1780;
- the XVI century Church of Santa Caterina in Cella, which is preceded by a portico added in 1683 and features a square base and pentagonal shaped apse covered by a particular sloping roof. The façade, on which there are two windows, bears a fresco of St. Catherine;
- the Church of San Lucano in Villapiccola, dates back to 1839 and is one of three churches of the same area, dedicated to the same Saint. It features an octagonal plan with a square chancel in neo-Classical style and the front is preceded by a portico;
- the XVIII century Church of Madonna delle Grazie in Villagrande, which was designed by the Austrian architect Pamperch. Inside is preserved a delightful painting of an unknown XVIII century artist;
- the Church of San Rocco and San Sebastiano in Villagrande, built in 1617, was renovated by architect Segusini in neo-Classical style;
- the Museum of Flora, Fauna and Mineralogy.
- the Lake of Misurina.