Castellavazzo is a municipality in the province of Belluno, which spans on both banks of the river Piave. The town, dominated by the ancient church, protected by mountains, stands out with the white of its houses between the lush green of its surroundings. The municipal district is bounded at South by the Vajont, on the border with Friuli region. The local economy has always been linked to stone work, a craftsmanship that has belonged to the area since the period of Roman rule.
The town's origins date back to ancient times: the first settlement was founded on a rocky outcrop, in an easily defensible point, which also permitted to control the passage of people and goods. The findings confirm that the Romans colonized the area and this is also evident in the origins of the town's name itself. The particular location occupied, made it a strategic point and the Romans built here an important garrison. The presence of the river was a fundamental element for the development of the town: the river, in fact, allowed rapid and convenient movement of timber and other goods between Castellavazzo and the other towns from the province of Belluno and Venice. During the Middle Ages the town was the seat of an important civil and ecclesiastical jurisdiction. Later it submitted the domain of the Serenissima Republic of Venice and was then subject to the Hapsburg Empire.
- the Parish Church, which was probably founded around the XIV century. The current building was erected in 1524 and is dedicated to Saints Quirico and Iulitae. Probably built where once stood the ancient castle. It features a very simple façade, a gable roof, a impressive bezel on the portal, a blind rose window and two rectangular windows. The interior proposes three naves. Flanked to the church, on a solid base delineated by a wide cornice, a solid limestone Bell Tower with a clock, pairs of lancet windows and topped by a spherical structure. The Church inside preserves a baptismal font in red colored limestone, an XVIII century altarpiece by Egidio Dall'Olio and an early XIX century organ;
- the Church of San Rocco in Podenzoi, rebuilt in 1860;
- the Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta in Codissago;
- the Church of San Gottardo in Olantreghe;
- the Oratory of St. Helena;
- The Ethnographic Museum of the Rafter Masters of the Piave in the district of Codissago, inside which are preserved important documents and objects related to the occupation of the rafters;
- The Museum of Stone and Stone Masons, inside which is offered an itinerary with all the phases of the stone manufacturing process.