Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




you are here: Home Liguria Coast of the Palms Quiliano


Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail




The name derives from Aquilianum, which has origins from the period of submission to the Roman Empire. Town in the province of Savona, located inland between Savona and Vado Ligure, and is composed of the villages Cadibona, Montagna, Roviasca e Valleggia. The valley of the river Quiliano, formed by two streams, Trexenda and Quazzola, is protected by Mount Baraccone and Mount Burot and creates a sort of natural amphitheater. The town is the home of various industrial activities, that operate in the confection of a particular variety of apricot, cultivated in the area , called Valleggia, and the production of famous wines such as Buzzetto and Granaccia.
The territory, after being conquered by the Romans, it became part of the Marca Aleramica and subjected to Bonifacio del Vasto in 1091. Inherited by the Del Carretto Family in the XII century, Quiliano was acquired by the town of Savona and at the beginning of the XV century it proclaimed itself autonomy, with various privileges and the chance to have their own statutes. In the first half of the XVI century, the Republic of Genoa occupied part of a feud that, therefore, was divided into two parts, one subject to the administration of Genoa, the other by Savona, each part with its own distinguished mayor, until the XVIII century when the two territories were united under the Kingdom of Sardinia, after the Congress of Vienna and later, in 1861, to that of Italy.

Not to miss:

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Angels, built in 1575, which was used as a boarding school first and then as a prison.
The Parish church of San Lorenzo in Quiliano, which presents a very important simple, but at the same time original, façade.
The Parish of St. Anne in Cadibona. The current structure was built in 1750 and preserves inside paintings and frescoes of the same period, even though documents of the XVII century already cite the name of the church.
The Parish Church of San Michele Arcangelo in the district of Montagna, which was remodeled in the XVIII and XIX centuries and features a statue depicting St Joseph by the artist Antonio Brilla and one depicting St. Michael by the sculptor Anton Maria Maragliano.
The Parish church of Saints Sebastian and Rocco in Roviasca, which features a baroque façade. The structure dates back to 1665, whilst the tower was built later, in the late XVII century.
The Church of San Pietro, built in the Romanesque style on the ruins of a Roman villa. Of the original building only the tower remains and the current structure dates back to 1710.
The Church of San Bernardo in Garzi, the present building dates back to the XVII century, but according to some sources, the previous structure was in the Romanesque style.
The Church of San Carlo Borromeo built between the XVII and XVIII centuries.
The Church of the Immaculate Conception in Tiassano built in the XVII century on the ruins of a previous building.
The Oratory of San Sebastiano, built in 1771, which includes the ancient Romanesque church of the Most Holy Savior of the XIV century.
The Oratory of Disciplinanti built in 1761 on the ruins of an existing building dating from the XIV century and the Chapel of Our Lady of Mercy of the XIX century in Roviasca.
The Chapel of Santa Libera, which dates back to the XVIII century in the district of Faia.
The Tower of Tiassano built between the XIII and XIV centuries.
Palazzo De Mari with the church of St. Anne, which dates to the XIX century. The original structure was probably built in the XVII century.
Villa Pertusio whose original plan, perhaps dates from the XII or XIII century.
Villa Maria, which was built in the second half of the XIX century.
Villa Garelli in San Carlo of the XVII-XVIII century.
The ruins of the castle of Pomo built in the X century.
The Roman bridges built in the 1st century B.C. in the valley of Quazzola


This town web page has been visited 22,216 times.

Choose language