Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




you are here: Home Liguria Coast of the Palms Laigueglia


Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail




Popular seaside resort in the province of Savona. It is the smallest town in the province, mainly dedicated to tourism and its fishing traditions. Located in a large inlet, which includes Alassio, the town extends in the Italian Riviera, between Capo Santa Croce and Capo Mele.
Founded by the Romans with the name of Aquila, the settlement was built on the consular road that connects the inland to the sea, started by Marco Emilio Scauro and completed during the period of Augustus. Included in the territory of Albenga, in 1191, Laigueglia became part of the dominion of the Republic of Genoa. In the XIV and XV centuries, the town developed considerably in the area of trade and shipping. It was a possession of Andora until the XVI century when, with the granting of autonomy, the town was able to achieve remarkable prosperity. In 1609 Laigueglia returned under the control of Genoa, till it was annexed to the Kingdom of Sardinia and the Kingdom of Italy.

Not to miss:
The Parish Church of St. Matthew's, built in the main centre of the ancient fishing village. The building dates from the second half of 1700, has a façade embellished with statues and two steeples topped by colorful majolica domes. Inside it preserves a shrine and a holy water font of marble of the XVI century and paintings of the XVI and XVII centuries.
The Shrine of Our Lady delle Penne of the XVI century.
The Chapel of the Immaculate Conception, built in 1661.
The Oratory of St. Mary Magdalene, built between 1616 and 1634.


This town web page has been visited 35,269 times.

Choose language