Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Latium Latium countryside Civitella d'Agliano

Most viewed in Civitella d'Agliano

  • CASTELLO DI SANTA MARIA

    The Castello Santa Maria was a heritage for people from Camaldoli in the 15th century and was then expanded by the "Congregazione dei servi di Maria" (Congregation of S. Mary's servants). Today it's a historical building and we offer a B&B service, half...

  • Mottura Wines Accommodation

    The Mottura estate, consisting of some 130 hectares nestled on the border of Northern Lazio and Umbria between the hills and the clay canyons of Civitella d'Agliano to the west and the fertile plain of the Tiber Valley to the East The natural beauty of...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Civitella d'Agliano

Description

It is a small village with a typical medieval aspect of the province of Viterbo, inhabited since ancient times by the Etruscans, at first, and by the Roman, later, as evidenced by the findings of tombs, houses, columns and stones dating back to these historical periods. After the examination of documents and records, historians agree in dating the origins of Civitella to the XI century and its castle was erected by the Counts of Bagnoregio, whose descendants, after a while, changed their name to Monaldeschi. After repeated clashes with the Papal States, the Apostolic Chamber, in 1415, exiled the Monaldeschi. In 1564 the town was proclaimed municipality and, in 1870, it was annexed by the Kingdom of Italy.
Sites of Interest:
- the Rocca Monaldesca, with its imposing ramparts, that overlooks the village;
- the XV century Priory Church of Saints Peter and Callisto, remodeled in the XX century and built on the ruins of an pre-existing Benedictine church built around year 1000;
- the Church of the Madonna delle Grazie, in which was discovered and restored a valuable XV century fresco attributed to the artist Pastura;
- The XV Church of the Convent, located outside the town.

Map

This town web page has been visited 52,880 times.

Choose language

italiano

english