Rosignano Marittimo is a wonderful medieval town, set on the Thyrrenian coast. The origins of the town are very ancient and they are linked to the Roman family of the Rasinia, from which also its local toponym derived. Documented news dates to 762 A.D., the time of the Lombard dominion. From the X century on, the village was under the Marquisate of Tuscany, forst, and, later, it was incorporated in the territories of the republic of Pisa.
In the XV century, after a long period of progressive decadence of this sea-faring republic, the town of Rosignano entered the Florentine Republic together with the other Pisan dominions.
The fortress of Palazzo Bombardieri hosts the Archaeological Museum, where it is possible to admire both Etruscan and Roman remains, also found during underwater research along the coast.
The Church of Santi Giovanni Battista and Ilario (XIX century), the Lighthouse Tower of Vada, whose first news are dated back to 1248, the Rosignano castle, built in 1100, the wind mills and water ones.