A well known tourist resort in Val Rendena, Pinzolo is a municipality in the province of Trento, located between the massif of the Adamello, to the West, and the one of the Brenta, to the East. It is the ideal place, not only for those who practice Winter sports, with its modern plants, but also for those who want to enjoy a holiday, in a place which has managed to maintain its typical character of a mountain village, rich in culture and traditions. Modern ski lifts, miles and miles of tracks and trails covered with snow and a large range of sports facilities make of Pinzolo, the preferred destination for sport lovers, and not only in the Winter.
The first documents, in which Pinzolo is reported, are related to the presence of one of the first concentration of Battuti in Trentino, a religious congregation composed of laic people, intent in long periods of prayer, penance and charity activities.
Sites of Interest:
- the ancient Church of San Vigilio, built in the X century, features a rectangular plan with three naves, divided by ogival arches supported by granite columns. The façade is covered with medieval frescoes from different eras: the most important and unique is undoubtedly the famous "Macabre Dance" by Simone Baschenis;
- the XVIII century Church of St. Lawrence the Deacon, whose façade is dominated by a portal in granite and marble and features two large decorative medallions. The interior is decorated in Baroque style and embellished with frescoes by Bartolomeo Zeni of Verona. The organ, built in 1858 by master Bartolo Zarantonello, is one of the few "romantic" organs of Trentino, with 700 pipes and 24 registers;
- the Church of St. Anthony, covered by a large roof, inside preserves frescoes of Christoforo Baschenis;
- the Church of Santa Maria Antica, whose earliest records date back to 1188. The Royal Family of Austria, who chose Madonna di Campiglio as their Summer residence, wanted to link their names to this sacred place, offering the pulpit and the confessional site at the top of the nave (which both report inscriptions in German and in Italian with reference to the Emperor Franz Joseph), the engraved statues of Saints on the choir stalls and some of the beautiful windows, embellished with warm and bright colors.