Municipality in the province of Verona, the territory of Castelnuovo del Garda faces, for a small stretch, onto Lake Garda. The lake marks the boundary between the village of Castelnuovo and the neighboring village of Lasize. The district of Castelnuovo includes a hilly area, famous for the cultivation of vines, that produce the excellent Moro del Castello. The most important attraction, in addition to the lake, is Gardaland, a famous amusement park with modern hotel facilities, which attracts thousands of visitors all year round.
The discovery of various archaeological findings attest the presence of small settlements in the area since the prehistoric times. The first major fortified settlements (Castrums) were built south of the lake in Roman times. The site, originally named by the Romans "Beneventum", later changed to "Quadrivium", due to the fact of being situated between four major cities. The particular location occupied was cause of several disputes and the town was destroyed by the army of Frederick Barbarossa in 1100. Rebuilt and fortified, it was renamed "Castelnuovo". Over the centuries it submitted the domain of the Della Scala and the Visconti, the Serenissima Republic of Venice and the Austrians, who in 1848 burned and pillaged the whole town.
- the XV century Church of Santa Maria, which was rebuilt in the XIII century. It features an octagonal plan and a XV century Romanesque Bell Tower. Inside it preserves an altarpiece depicted by Rizzo;
- the XVIII century Church of St. Andrew, which was built on the remains of two pre-existing structures, one early Christian and another medieval one. Inside is preserved an altarpiece depicted by the artist Brusasorzi;
- the XVIII century Church of Saints Filippo and Giacomo, a building with an octagonal plan in Neoclassical style, houses an altarpiece of Caravaggioni;
- the Church of San Lorenzo, which is surrounded by small houses, originally cells of the convent;
- the XV century Church of Our Lady of the Angels;
- the late XIV century Castle, is situated in a predominant location;
- the XV century Villa Cossali Sella with la large portico and loggia;
- Villa Rizzini Saltelli surrounded by a big park;
- the XVII century Villa D'Arvedi Emilei;
- the XVII century Villa Negri;
- the XIV century Visconti Tower.