Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Veneto Veneto's Riviera Rosolina

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Rosolina

Description

Municipality in the province of Rovigo, located between the Po, the Adige and the Adriatic Sea, the main centre includes the districts of Rosolina Mare and the island of Albarella, which can be easily accessed thanks to a strip of land. The area was colonized by the Romans who built here a main road, of which remain only traces in historical documents of the IV century A.D.: it used to connect the Polesine area to Via Popilia. The history of Rosolina has always been tied to that of Loreo. It became part of the Serenissima Republic of Venice and later was subject to periods of French and Austrian dominations. After a difficult period of clashes, the town finally was granted with a certain autonomy and was proclaimed municipality in 1948.

Attractions:
- the new Parish Church of Rosolina, built in the 80's of the XX century, houses an XVIII century statue of Virgin, a valuable XVIII century painting depicting the Motherhood and several other important artworks;
- the XVII century Church of St. Anthony of Padua, which has submitted renovations and additions in the subsequent years. In the 80's of the XX century a fire seriously damaged the sacristy;
- the Church of the Blessed Virgin of the Immaculate Conception in Mocenigo, which was built in the second half of the XVIII century;
- the Oratory of Saints Filippo and Giacomo in Pozzatina, built in 1722;
- the XVIII century plaque in Tornova, on which are engraved the rates for the tolling of the boats through the channel of Loreo;
- Ca 'Vianelli in Tornova, which features an elegant facade and inside decorated ceilings;
- the Botanical Garden

Map

This town web page has been visited 15,450 times.

Choose language

italiano

english