Roma Pass, which is sponsored by Rome City Council and the Ministry for the Arts and Cultural activities, in collaboration with ATAC, the public transport company, is the capital's special tourist-cultural card that enables both tourists and interested local residents, the opportunity to benefit from various discounts and services that make it easier and cheaper to enjoy the splendours of Rome.
- Free entry to the first 2 visited museums and / or archaeological sites of your choice
- Reduced ticket prices to all other museums and / or archaeological sites visited thereafter
- Free use of the city's public transport network (urban buses and trains, Underground lines A and B, Met.Ro trains: Roma - Lido, Roma - Viterbo for the Roma - Sacrofano section, Roma - Pantano railways lines within the urban territory of the City of Rome) Trenitalia trains and Cotral buses are not included.
- Discounted tickets to exhibitions, events and other collaborating operators and businesses.
- Reduced charges for use of the On-call Multi-lingual Medical Service for Tourists (MET Travel Health)
- Tourist cultural service Roma Informa.
- At the Colosseum a reserved turnstile is available for Roma Pass holders to get direct access to the monument
In the kit:
The Roma Pass card: the card used to visit museums / archaeological sites and on the public transport system as described above.
- Roma MAP: A map featuring all the Tourist Information Points, Metro stations, museums and other sites of interest (complete with addresses, tel. no's opening times and nearest bus stops and metro stations);
- Roma Pass Guide: The guide to all participating museums and sites;
- Roma News: a programme detailing all the events and services for tourists offering discounts, divided by type: art, dance, music, theatre, reviews, exhibitions, panoramic tours, as well as tourist services at the Lido in Ostia and MET Travel Health
- Roma Informa: the card that provides details of how to access information on events and other useful services via internet
How to use it:
- The overleaf form must be filled with name, surname and validation date
- the card is valid for three days and is activated at the time of the first entry to the museums/sites, or at the first journey on public transport, up until midnight of the third day, including the day of the activation
- It is validated on the first visited site/museum or the first journey on the city's public transport network
- Direct access for the first 2 sites. From the 3rd site onwards please apply to the ticket office for discount;
- It must be produced along with your identity papers when required by the staff in charge
Roma Pass Travel Health MET
By calling the multilingual CALL CENTER, available 24 hours a day, it is possible to:
- Ask information about public and private medical facilities available throughout the city
- Receive information regarding location, address, telephone number and method of access to the Public Healthcare Facilities that are closest or most appropriate for the resolution of health related problems
- Activate, after explicit request, the medical assistance services (house-call visits, diagnostic services, specialty services, ambulance services), provided by Travel Health MET to Roma Pass holders at discounted fees
When purchasing the card, please ensure that you ask about further discounts/free services that may be available for people of a certain age and/or nationality and/or place of residence and/or profession.
Please note that most museums are generally closed on Mondays (with the exception of the Colosseum and the Baths of Caracalla). We advise you to check in advance.