Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home More About The Church of Our Lady of Grace

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Most viewed in Italy

  • Relais Bella Baia B & B Maiori

    Bella Baia Relais Farm Holidays Maiori Amalficoast Salerno Campania Italy Bella Baia Relais is located in a strategic point, because it close in the beautiful places and tourists can visit the most beautiful in the world. Located along the Amalfi Coast,...

  • Chiorri Umbria Wines

    The Chiorri Winemakers Company is a vineyard under family management, which with special care from their very own vines, produces D.O.C. Colli Perugini and IGT dell'Umbria white, red and rosè wines. The family, together with the help of experienced workers,...

  • Bisol Wines Accommodation Veneto

    The first traces of Bisol family in the heart of the Prosecco D.O.C area date to the 16th century and are contained in a census carried out for fiscal reasons by the aristocratic Venetian family Da Pola, who were landowners of the leading the very prestigious...

  • Maria Caterina Dei Montepulciano Wine

    In 1964, Alibrando Dei, Maria Caterina's grandfather, bought the first part of the entire estate : Bossona. This vineyard is gorgeous for exposition and kind of soil, a sort of amphitheater always where the wind blows with a certain constancy. And her...

  • Agriturismo La Presura Wine Accommodation

    Situated at a height of about 300 mt "La Presura" extends for 35 hectares between Florence and Greve in Chianti. It's the first farm to open its "gates" on the smiling hills of "Chianti Classico". The old nucleus of habitation was constructed in the XVI...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

The Church of Our Lady of Grace

The first official mention of this church was on the occasion of the visit by the Vicar Apostolic, Placido di Pace, on 9 June 1698. It was looked after by a hermit who lived there, tended his own small vegetable garden and kept the key of the largest of the three existing doors.
Sailors supported the church generously with their financial contributions and celebrated Mass here on holy days. A chalice of pure silver testifies to the outstanting devotion which was displaye for the 1714 visit, with a new altar, as well as a wall-painting of the Madonna, adorned with silver half-crowns.
In 1875, the church was well equipped, with one marble altar and two wooden ones. These last were dedicated to St. Anthony the Abbot and to Our Lady of Grace, with their respective statues (that of the Madonna had a silver crown). The sanctuary had marble communion rails and there were two confessionals, the pulpit, the organ above the door and the arched belfry above the entrance. Records of 1885 refer to another altar, dedicated to St. Joseph, with his statue and another of St. Pasquale Baylon.
The church was restored in 1905, by which the cemetery had been relocated close by. In 1913, it was closed while it was occupied by soldiers.

(source: GuidAgropoli)

Choose language

italiano

english