english

you are here: Home More About The Chapel of the Annunciation

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Most viewed in Italy

  • Il Riccio Capri Beach Club

    Tucked between the rock and the sea, just a few steps away from the famed BlueGrotto, one comes across Il Riccio, the new restaurant and beach club of the Capri Palace Hotel & Spa. After extensive refurbishments of the historic Add'O Riccio, the restaurant...

  • La Brezza Net Art Cafè Positano

    An innovative mix of design, art and high-tech: La Brezza Net Art Café is that and more! Located on the Spiaggia Grande of Positano, the pearl of the divine Amalfi coast, absorbed in an atmosphere of cool sophistication and surrounded by a landscape of...

  • Hotel Polo Nautico Salerno

    Located on the centre of Salerno overlooking the suggestive view of Amalfi Coast Hotel Polo Nautico is an high quality hotel ideal for business and meeting tourist flow. Meeting area, beauty farm, private indoor parking, solarium with private stairs on...

  • Da Regina Holiday Farmhouse Tramonti

    The Agriturismo Da Regina is a recently refurbished property, equipped with all the modern comfort to ensure a peaceful and relaxing stay in Tramonti, hilly town of the Amalfi coast surrounded by lush chestnut trees and old vineyards, a short distance...

  • Sal De Riso Amalfi Coast

    Since 1908 the De Riso family has been running a bar/tobacconist's shop in the town's main square; they have become famous in the whole Amalfi coast by making ice creams and lemon granita in the summertime. After studying as cook and working as chef in...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

The Chapel of the Annunciation

This belongs to the Ruotolo (Rotoli) family and is attached to their mansion. It was founded in 1703 by a priest, Rocco Rotoli, and the records of hhe 1742 apostolic visit refer to an oil painting and the statue of St. Lucia. Initially, the altar was stucco (1771 visit), then built of stone (1875) decorated with a painted panel and two statues in niches, representing Our Lady of Sacro Monte and St. Lucia. Relics are kept in caskets. There are two doors, one leading outside and the other into the mansion. The constitution of the order of brothers based here was approved on 2 July 1858. With the kind permission of the heirs of the Mainenti family, it was open to the public in the summer of 1994, for the open door season organised by the Agropoli Tourist Board.

(source: GuidAgropoli)

Choose language

italiano

english