White Alba truffle (tuber magnatum pico)
Appreciated by the Romans, which attributed to this tasty tuber therapeutic and aphrodisiac properties, the white Alba truffle is characterized by an uneven surface yellowish in color, smooth to the touch, with a pulp color ranging from white and yellow-white, with thin white veins. The scent is particularly intense and gourmet recommends its culinary use in thinly cut slices.
It is the undisputed leader of the International Fair of the Truffle, which takes place every year in Alba, between October and November, and the auction of the truffle, frequented mainly by VIPs, and gourmet chefs, whose proceeds often go to charity.
Piedmont hazelnuts IGP
Also known as the "gentle Langhe hazelnut," with a spheroidal shape, whose shell of medium thickness, of matt brown color with several darker stripes. The nut has a fine and persistent flavor, that has made it the main ingredient for the preparation of the famous chocolate "Gianduja" . It is, in fact, highly demanded by all the major confectionery companies in Piedmont.
- Murazzano (a fresh cheese made from goat milk or mixed goat and cow, offer a fine taste, gently flavored);
- Raschera (pressed and sold semi-hard, after at least one month of aging, it offers a fine, delicate, typically fragrant and lightly seasoned chili taste);
- Bra (pressed and sold semi hard aged at least 45 days or hard aged at least 6 months; it features a moderately spicy and fruity taste, intense and aromatic flavor);
- Toma Piemontese (semi-cooked cheese with a soft texture, aged for at least 60 days in caves or in similar suitable environment, has a sweet taste and pleasant delicate aroma).
- Alba DOC
- Alta Langa DOC
- Asti DOCG
- Barbaresco DOCG
- Barbera d'Alba DOC
- Barolo DOCG
- Trick or Dogliani Dogliani Superiore DOCG
- Dolcetto d'Alba DOC
- Dolcetto delle Langhe DOC Monregalesi
- Dolcetto di Diano d'Alba and Diano d'Alba DOCG
- Dolcetto di Dogliani DOC
- Langhe DOC
- Nebbiolo d'Alba DOC
- Roero Arneis DOCG
- Roero DOCG
- Terre Alfieri DOC