The area of Piazzale Roma is a meeting point of two worlds, Venice and the mainland, and the Santa Chiara hotel is the synthesis of this meeting: its one door in the street and another one on the water.
From Piazzale you enter a small courtyard, surrounded by the reception hall of the hotel, which is full of flowers and can be distinguished by the fountain sound. Ideal for a bit of relaxation in the hottest periods of the year!
When you enter, you discover the interior décor in a perfect Venetian style: the attention is captured by the Murano glass chandeliers, precious fabrics and antique furniture.
There is the reception on the right and a small lounge on the left. Further along, there is the bar and the breakfast room, both overlooking the Grand Canal and a very Venetian Santa Chiara embankment (Fondamenta di Santa Chiara). Getting out through the door on the canal, an Old world and, at the same time, a New one, is discovered: the "cars" float on the water, the rhythms change, the sounds and the perfumes are different.
Our Annex, Residenza Parisi, classified as 1st Cathegory, is 100 meters from the Main Building. Its 12 rooms are brand new, furnished in light colors and very big.
The building where the hotel is built in has been a part of Venetian history for more than 500 years.
It was built in the 16th century and used as a Monastery of the Santa Chiara Nuns (from which the hotel and the embankment on the Grand Canal take their names).
At first, Piazzale Roma was a cult place, whose landscape was dominated by the presence of various vegetable gardens.
During the years, the function of this area had changed radically: during the 17th and the 18th centuries, the area became predominantly residential and the part with vegetable gardens and buildings disappeared in order to give room to the Papadopoli Gardens (situated next to the hotel).
The demolition of the monastic complex (of which only the building of the Santa Chiara hotel remains) symbolises the beginning of a series of pubic works (the Santa Lucia train station, the connection bridge to the mainland, the excavation of canal Rio Nuovo) have changed the aspect of Piazzale Roma and made it one of the liveliest and most important areas of the city.
- Private parking within the building of the hotel (Santa Chiara is the only hotel in Venice which offers this service!);
- 40 rooms equipped with shower - satellite TV - air-conditioning and central heating - minibar - safe - piped music - phone - hairdryer...
- 24h porterage service and reception;
The staff will be glad to organise on request and upon booking the transferral services, guided visits and excursions in the city and on the islands, ticket bookings for concerts, events, performances, theatre, restaurant bookings, baby-sitting and laundry services.
- Porterage service from 7:00 a.m. to 11 p.m.;
- Breakfast served from 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.;
- Breakfast served in room without a price surcharge;
- Bar Service: from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at the Bar or in the courtyard with garden and fountain;
- Internet Point in the lounge of the hotel is on disposal for all the guests;
- 2 Meeting rooms (with a maximum capacity for 25 people) available with additional services like coffee break, business breakfast, cocktail etc.